Cramming more energy into “Six Pack” with half the manpower, No Age tackled Blag Flag’s seminal song for Thirty Three and a Third, a limited edition seven-inch box set of cover songs. Joined by fellow Sub Pop mates Eel Bros. (featuring Man Man’s Honus Honus and Hot Karate’s King Cyrus), Sean Bonnette (Andrew Jackson Jihad) and Rozwell Kid, each act took on two songs by revered artists including The Gun Club, The Nerves, The Misfits, Danzig, Modern English, Graham Nash and Wheatus (remember “Teenage Dirtbag”?).
The vinyl box set was released in conjunction with the third annual Thirty Three and a Third art show held at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles this past December. Limited to 400 copies, the set includes colored vinyl (brown, orange, white and bronze) with individual artwork for each sleeve. Artists and songs include:
– “Six Pack” by Black Flag
– “Sex Beat” by The Gun Club
– “Hanging on the Telephone” by the Nerves and made popular by Blondie
– “Blood and Tears” by Danzig
– “I Melt With You” by Modern English
– “London Dungeon” by Misfits
– “Teenage Dirtbag” by Wheatus
– “Simple Man” by Graham Nash
Stream “Six Pack” by No Age below and purchase the Thirty Three and a Third Box Set via Gallery 1988.